Hyundai Kona Quick Start Guide
Unlocking & Driving
15 minutes before the start of your booking, we’ll send you a TXT message letting you know the name and parking bay of your Zilch EV.
1. Check & Unlock
- Check and report for damage
- Scan your Zilch card over the card reader in the front windscreen to unlock or scan the QR code to use your mobile
- Unplug the charging cable and return it to the charging unit
2. Belt On & Power Up
- Jump in, get comfy, adjust mirrors & make it click.
- Hold your foot on the brake pedal
- Press the POWER button on the dashboard to the left of the steering wheel
3. Push & Go
- Gear buttons are located in the centre console; the same place you’d find an old school gear stick.
- Keeping your foot on the brake, select your drive gear and go!
- The charging port is located in the front bumper.
- Unlock the car and push the spring loaded charging flap to access the charging ports
- DC Rapid Charging: 0-80% = 75mins
- AC Fast Charging: 0-100% = 9.5hrs
- Home Charging: 0-100% = 29hrs
Navigate to the ‘EV’ section on the Kona’s touch screen monitor to see real time battery usage and charging times
- At the port; Charging status is indicated by the light ring surrounding the ports, and the illuminated battery to the right of the charging ports
- In the car; Charging status and estimated time remaining is displayed on the instrument cluster
Drop your car off at the same hub you picked it up from, or to the One-Way destination hub you’ve chosen at the time of your booking.
1. Park up & power down
- Park politely in any available Zilch parking space at the destination hub.
- Put the car into Park & pull the Handbrake lever in the centre console.
- Power down by pressing the START STOP (BMW i3) or POWER (Hyundai’s) button.
2. Remove rubbish & belongings
- Be a kind car sharer and leave the car clean and tidy for the next driver.
- Remove all your personal belongings, and discard of any waste responsibly.
- Left something behind? Get in touch to lodge a lost property enquiry.
3. Lock Up & End Booking
- Lock the car by scanning your Zilch card over the card reader, or scan the QR code to use your mobile
- If present, tap your card onto the Zilch pedestal charging unit to end your booking. Otherwise, your booking will automatically end shortly after you lock up.