BMW i3 Quick Start Guide
Unlocking & Driving
15 minutes before the start of your booking, we’ll send you a TXT message letting you know the name and parking bay of your Zilch EV.
1. Check & Unlock
- Check and report for damage
- Scan your Zilch card over the card reader in the front windscreen to unlock
- Unplug the charging cable and return it to the charging unit
2. Belt On & Power Up
- Jump in, get comfy, adjust mirrors & make it click.
- Hold your foot on the brake pedal
- Press the START STOP button on the joystick behind the steering wheel
3. Twist & Go
Keeping your foot on the brake, release the handbrake by pushing the lever down.
Twist the joystick forwards to go into Drive & backwards to go into Reverse… easy!
Drop your car off at the same hub you picked it up from, or to the One-Way destination hub you’ve chosen at the time of your booking.
1. Park up & power down
- Park politely in any available Zilch parking space at the destination hub
- If there’s a Zilch charger at the hub, connect charger.
Remove rubbish & belongings
- Be a kind car sharer and leave the car clean and tidy for the next driver.
- Remove all your personal belongings, and discard of any waste responsibly.
- Left something behind? Get in touch to lodge a lost property enquiry.
3. Lock Up & End Booking
- Lock the car by scanning your Zilch card over the card reader, or scan the QR code to use your mobile.
- If present, tap your card onto the Zilch pedestal charging unit to end your booking. Otherwise, your booking will automatically end shortly after you lock up.
- When your booking has successfully ended, we’ll send you a TXT confirmation.