Don’t stress, it’s not as bad as it sounds…
If you see a Transmission Error message when you’re trying to start your BMW i3, don’t stress! It’s not as bad as it sounds…
A Zilch BMW i3 can display a Transmission Error message for a number of reasons:
- If you forget to hold your foot on the brake when you try to start up
- If a door is left open or ajar when you try to start up
- If there is a problem with your booking
It might sound a little stern but a Transmission Error is just the way the Bavarian hot hatch ensures you’re safe; making sure you don’t start the car unless you’re fully engaged and ready to drive.
A re-boot should get you up and running, quick smart:
- Turn the car off
- Open & close the driver door
- Make sure all other doors are closed
- Lock & unlock the doors
- Hold your foot firmly on the brake
- Press the Start/Stop button
Ta-da! You should now be up and running
If you tried a re-boot, and still encountered an error, there may be a problem with your booking.
Give us a call on 0800 2 ZILCH if you have any problems, and we’ll get you up and running.