Driving Zilch Electric Cars
1. Find your car
Your booking confirmation email includes info about the Zilch hub you’ve booked from, and a reminder you can add to your digital diary.
15 minutes before your booking starts, you’ll get a txt with the name and parking bay of your Zilch EV.
Don’t delay – you’ve got 15 mins from booking start time to unlock your car before it expires.
2. Check for damage
Always make sure you have a good look around the car, to make sure it’s ship-shape and safe for you to drive.
If you find anything out of sorts, or if the car needs a good scrub up; take photos of the issue and give us a call.
Help us keep Zilch cars spik and span.
3. Unlock your car
Using a Zilch card: Scan your card over the card reader behind the front windscreen to unlock
Scanning the QR code: Use your phones camera or QR code reader and open the Zilch web app to unlock your car.
Shazam! Just like magic, your car will automatically unlock, ready for you to drive.
4. Remove charging cable
If you’re picking up from a Zilch hub with charging units, remove the cable before you head off.
You won’t get far if you forget this step – Zilch EV’s know they’re still plugged in and won’t go into gear while connected.
5. Jump in and get connected
Get to know the car and get comfy: Adjusting your seat, mirrors and steering wheel just as you like them.
Connect your mobile for handsfree calling and cranking your own tunes
Make it click: Always remember your seatbelt
6. Time for lift off!
Place your foot on the brake and power up.
Select D for Drive or R for Reverse, and when it’s safe to do so, head out of the car park.
If present, barrier arms will automatically lift for Zilch cars.
Enjoy your drive!
Drop your car off at the same hub you picked it up from, or to the One-Way destination hub you’ve chosen at the time of your booking.
1. Park up & power down
- Park politely in any available Zilch parking space at the destination hub
- Put the car into Park & pull the Handbrake lever in the centre console
- Power down by pressing the START STOP or POWE button.
- Remove your belongings and rubbish, leaving the car clean & tidy for the next driver.
2. Take all your stuff
- It’s important to leave the car clean and tidy for the next driver.
- Remove all your personal belongings, and discard of any waste responsibly.
- Left something behind? Get in touch to lodge a lost property enquiry.
3. Lock Up & End Booking
- Lock the car by scanning your Zilch card over the card reader.
- Hubs with Zilch chargers: Scan your Zilch card on the charging unit until you hear a beep.
- Hubs without Zilch chargers: Your booking will automatically end shortly after you lock up.
- When your booking has successfully ended, we’ll send you a TXT confirmation.