Driving Zilch Electric Cars
1. Find your car
Your booking confirmation email includes info about the Zilch hub you’ve booked from, and a reminder you can add to your digital diary.
15 minutes before your booking starts, you’ll get a txt with the name and parking bay of your Zilch EV.
Don’t delay – you’ve got 15 mins from booking start time to unlock your car before it expires.
2. Check for damage
Always make sure you have a good look around the car, to make sure it’s ship-shape and safe for you to drive.
If you find anything out of sorts, or if the car needs a good scrub up; take photos of the issue and give us a call.
Help us keep Zilch cars top-notch
4. Remove charging cable
- If you’re picking up from a Zilch hub with charging units, remove the cable before you head off.
- You won’t get far if you forget this step – Zilch EV’s know they’re still plugged in and won’t go into gear while connected to a charger.
5. Jump in and get connected
- Get to know the car and get comfy: Adjusting your seat, mirrors and steering wheel just as you like them.
- Connect your mobile for handsfree calling and playing your own tunes.
Make it click: Always remember your seatbelt
6. Time for lift off!
- Place your foot on the brake and power up.
- Select D for Drive or R for Reverse, and when it’s safe to do so, head out of the car park.
- If present, barrier arms will automatically lift for Zilch cars.
Enjoy your drive!
Drop your car off at the same hub you picked it up from, or to the One-Way destination hub you’ve chosen at the time of your booking.
1. Park up & power down
- Park politely in any available Zilch parking space at the destination hub.
- Put the car into Park & pull the Handbrake lever in the centre console.
- Power down by pressing the START STOP (BMW i3) or POWER (Hyundai’s) button.
- Remove your belongings and rubbish, leaving the car clean & tidy for the next driver.
2. Remove rubbish & belongings
- Be a kind car sharer and leave the car clean and tidy for the next driver.
- Remove all your personal belongings, and discard of any waste responsibly.
- Left something behind? Get in touch to lodge a lost property enquiry.
3. Lock Up & End Booking
- Lock the car by scanning your Zilch card over the card reader, or scan the QR code to use your mobile.
- If present, tap your card onto the Zilch pedestal charging unit to end your booking. Otherwise, your booking will automatically end shortly after you lock up.
- When your booking has successfully ended, we’ll send you a TXT confirmation.